Wednesday, March 17, 2010

News: Mega House 'Lord of Lords' Ryu Knight Zephyr

I remember in the early 90's, RPG fantasy games were gaining momentum worldwide (with the help of a couple of video games called Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest), then came Lord of the Lords Ryu Knight written by Takehiko Ito, and if memory serves me right, it had to be one of the first anime to introduce RPG elements into the story, and combined with robots, SD shaped robots.


Back in those days some 15 years ago, I was actually oblivious to the existence of this anime. Then I chanced upon an anime theme song collection on a CD and was struck by the really, really, really...energetic, upbeat and of course catchy tune that is the theme song for Ryu Knight. From then on, as they say, it's history...and to this day, the song remains in my top 10 list of all times, a great way to start the day - title of the song is Good-Bye Tears by Yumiko Takahashi.

Very glad that Mega House resurrected interest in this anime by making a fine toy, you can order yours at a discount from Hobby Search (which is where I snatched these fabulous pictures from).

No comments:

Post a Comment