Monday, May 10, 2010

PM: Bandai 1/2200 Argama Kai - project start

I am starting a new category called PM - plastic modeling - to document my past and current projects. Back in the days when life wasn't as demanding, I built an obscene amount of Gunpla and what not. Recently, I bought a new airbrush and mini compressor, haven't use of these in a long time, but I am quite excited to get started. First off, Argama Kai.

This is a name I came up with, and the title of this post could well be: how to spend hours by spending 300 yen...Anyway, I bought this kit many years ago planning to convert it into the Nahel Argama in ZZ (and now UC 0096), and have been storing it away since I didn't have a lot of information of the Nahel (I just saw a small pic of it back then, and no detail to really act on).



This has been in the vault until the July 2009 issue of Hobby Japan where they custom built a 1/1800 Nahel. I thought this is it, no excuse, so I started by buying some raw materials (plastic boards, details parts from Wave and Kotobukiya, etc.). Just when I was ready to take this on, I read in HJ May 2010 that Mega House's next Cosmo Fleet will include the Nahel. So this free up my mind, and I decided to come up with an original, or rather a cross between the Argama and the Nahel Argama, which I called, Argama Kai.


By the time the photo is taken, I have already done quite a bit of ground work', my design will have a third runway or launch pad in the middle, and may reposition the rear side engines and the wing bits in a more natural position.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment