Saturday, July 25, 2009

Review: Bandai HG 1/144 O Gundam

Just a quick review of this plastic kit from Bandai. I stayed away from the 1/144 scale for a while because of some shady construction before (ABS joints snapping on me), but to my delight, the design (i.e. the engineering of the plastic kit and joints) had been taken to another level.

Since most of you probably already had this kit, I just want to say, it's extremely easy to put together and posable. I did nothing to it other than adding panel lines and a top coat, it still look half decent.

A thought did come to me, this retails for 1200 yen, that's 900 yen more than the 1st generation of gundam kits (those white plastic with a slight lime green undertone kits from 1980). Somehow over the last 30 years, Bandai had shifted the value proposition of these kits and is now able to charge a 300% premium...

As for accessories, it only comes with a beam rifle, shield and beam saber, and alternate parts for the GN drive or storage tank.





No comments:

Post a Comment