Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Review: CM's Corporation Time Mechabuton

Here we are, the first time travel machine in anime history...I think.

But who cares, the important thing is they released the Time Mechabuton again, and I am not going to miss it this time. The anime predates Gundam and was one of my favorites, although I must admit, I usually found the heroes a bit annoying, so I tend to cheer for the villains, and frankly who can resist Marjo's charm (and her eye pleasing outfit!) as the lead villainess.


So back to this guy, the production quality is high and the finishing is crisp. There's a fair amount of metal used, basically where all the blue metallic paint is. The bottom has two panels that open up so that the wheels, on a spring-loaded mechanism, can be folded inside the vehicle.


To deploy the wings, you simply pull back the silver button above the thrusters, and in fact, you have to do this before the wheels can be stored inside.


I think the inclusion of Marjo's skull vehicle, which she and her gang always escape in after their mech is defeated by our heroes, is a nice touch. The small red scout vehicle that usually sits on the top of Mechabuton, also comes with optional arms and wheel assembly, allowing you to reenact the way it would look in the anime. I just want to say that these like vehicles are really well done, they have a lot of details and are well finished.
Overall, I am quite please with the item, even though I tend to think it is slightly overpriced at 9800 yen. Having said that, a number of the on-line stores I shop at have sold out on this already, so in that sense, the acquisition was a good one.
I am looking forward for the next release in this series, the grasshopper vehicle (name escaped me), which is actually my favorite time machine in the anime.

No comments:

Post a Comment