Thursday, July 2, 2009

Review: Bandai MSIA Gundam Nadleeh

The MSIA Gundam Nadleeh was released in September 2008 for 2500 yen, and is one of the last releases in this product line. It boosts some 40 points of articulation, and came with some nifty accessories.

BTW, I don't know if the creator meant it as a joke or what, but if I have to take a guess on pronouncing "Nadleeh", I would probably go with something similar to "Natalie"...It would make sense if the pilot is a woman...oh but wait, he does look like a woman...it's too screwed up.


This is the first MSIA figure I bought in the last 6 or 7 years, and plain of the box (left pic), I noticed it needed some work, so I spent an extra day or two adding the panel lines as finishing touches. The materials used in this figure is much closer (but not quite as good) to the Robot Tamashii line than that of the earlier MSIA that I owned, probably paving the way for the transition.

There are some nice accessories that came with the figure including two sets of GN particle cords ("the hair"), but they come off too easily and I really don't care too much for them. There is a custom beam rifle and shield, a set of beam canons from the shoulders of Gundam Virtue, plus beam sabers and extra sets of hands.
I really like the sleek design to start with and I got this on sale at half price, so overall, I am quite satisfied. As with other things at Bandai, this may someday be released in the Robot Tamashii line, so I would recommend against getting this MSIA version unless you get a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment