Friday, July 3, 2009

Review: Soul of Popinica PX-04 Hover Pileder

After missing out on the original Hover Pileder release, there isn't a chance in the world I was going to miss this one...and I wasn't disappointed.


Save for the cockpit parts, some wing bits and the bottom cover, the rest of the Hover Pileder is almost all metal, including the spinning hover blades. This time around, it is painted entirely in red for an elegant look.
I estimated the scale of this to be 1/35, given the Kouji figure stands about 5 cm tall.


What you see is what you get here, as there are no other accessories. On the other hand, Kouji can do some amazing acrobatic poses.


The folding wings work in unison, and the overall presentation is quite well done.
If you are wondering, I gave up trying to put Kouji into the pilot seat, so that's why he is kind of just standing around in these pictures.
Any way, a good piece for the collection for sure. Now I am hoping Bandai will some day add the Star Crow from Starzinger to this line up.

2 comments:

  1. If Kouji is 5cm, that means the pilder itself is only 4 cm tall. Do you mean 5 inches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yoghurt Cheese, thanks for commenting. I double checked, Kouji is in fact 5 cm tall, the pilder itself is 7.5 cm tall (not including the base) and will fit on the palm of my hand with the wings folded up.

    ReplyDelete