Thursday, June 18, 2009

Review: Artstorm EX Gokin Mazinger 1969 Original Color Version

This review took a long time to complete due to the number of photo sessions I need to orchestrate...I'll have to experiment with a light box in the future to help keep the reflection under control.
...
EX Gokin Mazinger 1969 Original Color version from Artstorm, in case you're wondering, this is a color variation of the initial release to commemorate the 40th anniversary of creator Go Nagai's creative career.



This is a truly majestic piece, it stands roughly 25cm, and other than the head and hands and some pieces here and there, the rest is completely casted in diecast metal with a high gloss, powdered coated paint finish.

I really love this throw back, yet so sophisticated design...did I mention the red heat panels are also diecast.




The arms and legs can do a wide range of movement, there is also a clicking mechanism on the knee joints. Having said that, there seems to be only a few poses where the figure will look especially cool, the rest of the poses tend to be rather mediocre. That's why I only posted these photos in more traditional poses as the others just came out wrong (see the bottom of this post for some of the not so hot pictures).


This version comes only with a pair of open hands, 3 sets of these knuckles for the fist, a hover pileder and a jet pileder (not pictured).


There are some nice details throughout, check out the shoulder mechanical details.
All in all, I am very happy with this ex gokin, it simply looks priceless on display. I'd prefer if it can do more cool poses though...that's why I have rather high hopes for the Shin Mazinger Z chogokin, be sure to check out my review hopefully in the near future (see my admin notes under labels if you what to know why).
Here are some of the not so hot pictures...somehow I am reminded of the cheesy synchronized dancing of some boyband from the past...
I will try to post a review of the Artstorm Great Mazinger 1969 Original Color version soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment