Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Review: Bandai GFF Cross Bone Gundam X-3

I thought I'd post this review to celebrate the release of the Robot Tamashii Cross Bone X-1, in a way to remind myself that I probably should save the $30 and spend it on something else...

Anyway, this is really the first time I handle the GFF X-3 for any length of time since I got it when it was released in August 2006. It retails for 3980 yen, compared to 3000 yen for the RT X-1 and 3800 yen for the RT X-2.


This was one of the later releases in the GFF line, and I was amazed at how posable this is compared to say the very first GFF, GP01 (I'll be posting its review the next day), but I am pretty confident that the Robot Tamashii version will still have an edge over posing and playability. However, this is impressive enough for me.


This GFF X-3 is a real steal, I highly recommend it. Just think of all the accessories you are getting, beam shield, the peacock smasher, the muramasa blaster, zambuster, daggers, etc...


And then there's also the extra X-1 torso, the antibeam cloak and the antibeam armour that comes with it...
A display stand (not shown) is also included that allows you to even display X-3 in mid-flight.
It's actually kind of fun fiddling with all the accessories and armour, I do have a couple of advice...use a zip lock bag to hold all the small parts so you don't lose them (like the very small panels you have to remove to fit the armour or the cloak in), and using an x-acto knife can help to ease some of the more stubborn joints that have been painted over, just use with care...
Here's my speculation on which one is best for you...The GFF version probably is more detailed and suitable if you want to simply display the X-3 (the add-ons will provide a lot of display options), the Robot Tamashii version probably looks good in display too, but it should give you confidence to really play with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment